Microsoft Exam DA-100 – Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI was recently updated. So check the latest curriculum for the exam before you prepare. The DA-100 is a prerequisite for the Microsoft Certified Data Analyst Associate exam.
DA-100 Exam Resources
DA-100 Exam – Skills tested
The DA-100 exam tests the following skills.
- Prepare the data (20-25%)
- Model the data (25-30%)
- Visualize the data (20-25%)
- Analyze the data (10-15%)
- Deploy and maintain deliverables (10-15%)
Microsoft offers free online learning for the exam. While Microsoft’s material is good, it’s not enough to pass the exam. You need to supplement your learning with other courses and practice tests.
- Comprehensive list of Power BI learning resources put together by Alex Powers. All of the resources are free.
- 2-hour crash course for the DA100 exam – YouTube
- Microsoft Power BI Certification: DA-100 Exam Prep – Comprehensive course + 1 practice test. Also, check out the Maven Analytics website for more courses
- Exam Ref DA-100 Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI– If you prefer to learn from a book rather than online, this book will prepare you for the exam. Though the book is in-depth, it hasn’t changed to keep up with the recent changes that Microsoft has made to the DA-100 exam.
Free DAX workshop by Pragmatic Works – 3-hour course on YouTube
Introducing DAX Video Course – Free video course by SQLBI
Supercharge Power BI: Power BI Is Better When You Learn to Write DAX – An excellent book to learn DAX
Free practice tests
Paid Practice Tests
You will be more prepared for the exam if you take at least a couple of practice tests. Reviewing your incorrect answers will help you get better in your weak areas.